6.01.2004

lazy weekend

it turned out to be a pretty uneventful weekend. thank you, God!
they didn't need me on saturday to work, but i carried my cell phone with me the entire weekend. they never called on sunday either. *shrugs*
i still had to come in early today. no holiday for the kit.

i mostly spent the extra time with ken. 8^)

we saw "Troy" on friday evening and just hung out in general.

ken and i were searching through flea markets in paragould on saturday, just to kill time. that's when i found my birthday present:
one 2-drawer lateral file cabinet in great shape and the price was a steal! normally those things are so expensive...
and 2 old boardgames i had never heard of, The Inventors and Shogun. They even had all their pieces!
i've gone game crazy. i went to ebay and placed a couple of bids for some old games that looked like fun. one is Whatzit? which we played in my creativity class in college. i loved that game... 8^)
i'll have to be careful that i don't blow all my money on books and games.

we got caught in a storm on sunday. we were just sitting in wastings, reading books, when the power went out. they let us out of the store eventually.

after work on monday, i went to visit ken and his folks. ken was grilling some pork ribs, wet and dry. i prefered the dry myself. they were some of the best i've had yet.

ken and i have fun but we're not what you'd call party people. lol! 6^) and that's fine by me.

No comments: