1.07.2005

been a while
sometimes i just give up on keeping up with something and come back to it later. this is true for my blogs. lots has happened.

ken has come home for the holidays, but he's fixing to go back to start his second semester. he graducated july 23rd. i'm counting down the days. it's been so wonderful having him around. i knew i missed him a lot, but i appreicate him more then ever, since he's been gone.

mom surprised me a few days ago by calling me at work just to ask what a "blog" was. something about hotdog the e-cat or something...o.0
i have no idea what that is, but i did explain the term and sent her to my book blog and my wishlist blog.

there has been a lot of stress and anxiety for me at work recently. it reached it's height during the christmas snow. i couldn't get my car to budge from the parking lot due to snow and ice. i called work to ask for a ride. first one person offered to pick me up, then he called and said someone else would. then she had car trouble. when i called again for a ride, my boss seemed to imply in her words to me that i was simply trying to squirm my way out of coming to work. one thing i truly hate is when someone simply assumes something about my character. when i'm scheduled to work, i show up even if i don't want to.
that hit my frustration point. my brother carter kicks trash cans and stabs cardboard boxes with box cutter when upset; i cry uncontrolably. and that's just what i did when i hung up. i even called dad to get a ride, that tells you right there how desperate i was. dad couldn't get his truck started and hearing how upset i was, told me to quit if they were going to force their employees out on the roads in hazardous conditions...i also tried ken, who i knew was going to be snowed in at his parent's house.
i tried calling back after ken calmed my down and got tracy, (not fossie, this is another tracy,) who couldn't give me a ride earlier due to car trouble. her husband drove her to work. they weren't going to be able to send the trucks out that day anyway, so they were just calling customers and letting them know. she said i could take a vacation day if i had one (which i did,) and that it wouldn't affect my holiday pay. yay, tracy!

i decided to stick it out here and for now, it has gotten better. but i remember that this job is only for now. it's temporary. where ever ken goes when he graduates, i'm following.
* edited...i must have forgotten what my thought was here...i just left it as a sentence fragment, so i'm deleteing it-k *

my apartment is a mess! i haen't been able to clean much since the holidays...guess what i'll be working on when ken goes back to tonkawa.
i got a new bookcase, so i'll finally be able to unpack some boxes from the move and get them out of my studio room!

and i'm still working on blue canary storys. more on that later.

i had lunch with jo on tuesday. it was great to see her again. and guess what? she dumped montgomery. she's decided to be single for awhile.

No comments: