1.21.2005

not good
well, last night was very surreal to me.
i hate to admit this, but i should back up and explain somethings, the nature of which is a bit embarrassing to me.
when i was in high school i have a colonoscopy for a bit of blood with my bowel movements. it was nothing major, just a small tear and not enough fiber. every now and then, the problem would resurface. well, after it did last night, i got really sick.
flu like symptoms, i was shiverring and could not get warm. i felt light-headed. i called mom and she took me to the e.r.

i started vomitting and they discovered my blood pressure was too low.
before i knew it *bam* i was on an i.v.
this is when i got a little scared. i've never been this sick before.
they got me to stop throwing up, did some bloodwork and discovered that my potassium was too low. (i will never wish having to drink potassium chloride solution on anyone, no matter how i dislike them. that stuff is beyond nasty. there is no way to describe it.)

they checked my blood pressure again after 1 bag of sodium chloride via i.v.
still too low. i got a another bag. the stuff they gave me for the nausea made me sleepy, so i slept through most of this...

after that bag, it was still low, but higher than it had been. i was released and mom took me home. i slept a lot and took a sick day from work.
i really most have made my parent's worry, but mostly i really freaked ken out. that the only bad thing about his being back in school...he couldn't be here and i think that just made it worse for him. i know i wish he was here.

they referred me to a doctor for a follow up today. my blood pressure is back up to normal. they did some more bloodwork and scheduled me for a colonoscopy on the 7th. ug. i hate getting ready for those things. all the laxatives they make you take and the day brfore, i'll be on a clear liquid diet. yuck. but maybe we can finally get this solved and put behind me.

so, i'm sorry if i've freaked anyone out. i'm going back to sleep now.

No comments: