9.18.2002

keenprime
well, keen has finally unleashed it. you have to pay to host the comic for a faster server but it would be worth it.
ken thinks i ought to wait, become really good about my update and then go to twice a week. very sensible advice and i agree with it.
however, i know me. i've been consistantly late with my comic. and what makes me think i'll draw two during a week? c'mon. i'm a slacker! i'm lazy!
i want so much to knuckle down and get to work on it, but procrastination has taken it's toll on me.
i got into a habit of wokring on things really close to deadline all through college. heck, it's affecting me at work even!
so how do i do it? how do i overcome the procrastination and get to work. just telling myself to do it isn't that simple. i can think of thousands of excuses. i wonder if i should dig out the artist's way book again and go through the exercises again.

ms. nanci, who i took art lessons from back in high school, is teaching again. i need to call her again for a quote on adult art classes. she says she lets them do whatever they want. i could focus on drawing skills and working on my comic. that would be cool. but that would cost money. i'm a little tight for cash this month. between, rent, the car payment, student loan payment, not too mention getting the fabric and beads for the sca event in october, (some of the beads are just for fun though. ok alot of them,) and my recent book binge, i don't have much funds. maybe i can get dad to pay for it...
we'll see.

No comments: