9.27.2002


inventory
my day started later than it should've. i woke around 8 am. i was supposed to be at work at 6 am. my alarm didn't go off. i remember setting it last night.
they tried calling me but only had the phone number for dad's. needless to say, i wasn't at home.

i was angry and spiteful at myself. they had reminded me several times during this week that i would need to be there at 6 and i reassured them that i would. i felt like a liar.
luckily, you don't have to look fancy for inventory, just put on some clothes that you don't mind getting dirty and start counting. so i just threw on some clothes, put my hair up in a clippie and went to work. i arrive 5 minutes before the morning break. i didn't take it, prefering to work through it after arriving so late.

i did all that could to work. near lunch i had finished keying in what i had to key in. now it was time to eat and wait for recounts.

i just got through with those. luckily, harry and tracey helped me make sense of the sheets and i came away with better knowledge of the warehouse and would feel better doing it next time.

now, i'm just looking forward to going home, taking a shower and resting. 8^)

No comments: