6.17.2002


i had a pretty good weekend.
jo, david and i went to woodland wars iv, our local sca group's annual event.
i got to borrow a tent from jo's boy, scott and an air mattress from jo. so "sleeping ok" was taken care of.
it did rain on saturday night, but earlier is was as beautiful a day as you could ask for.
and i helped with feast, so food was also taken care of.
dee really did well. i mean everything looked so fancy and tasted wonderful. 8^)
the one class i did go to was interesting. i got tired and with the heat of the day i decided to do the siesta thing and take a nap until court.
and the garb jo made me was so cute! thank you, jo!
it was so cool getting to see everyone again. 8^) such as tracy and stu and jeff and mike and misty, etc.
and after the feast i got to talk to dee about illumination. i'd like to try it out.

things i learned at the event:
+ the water for solar showers take forever to heat up. so go get hot and sweaty and you won't mind a cold shower. also hooks for the solar water bags on the ladies side would be a good thing. thank god there was a water hose with a spray attachment! but solar showers are better than none at all.

+ i have a tendancy to wake up early during events. me, "miss i like to sleep in late!" go fig.

+ bring bug repellant. those 'skeeters and ticks are everywhere!

we went home on sunday. jo, scott and i ordered chinese. yum! i showered and waited for my love to drop by since i had a little time to see him. i was half asleep when he rang the doorbell. i ran down the slick, hardwood stairs in sock feet.
i think you can tell what happens next.
i get near the bottom, miss a step and fall. my knees hit the floor and my face comes very close to smashing into the peace lily by the door.
and i did something to my left foot cause it hurts like heck.
i open the door while sitting on the floor, unsure of getting on my feet. ken came in and helped me to a couch. i spent the rest of the day with my foot elevated and leaning against ken.
he was so thougthful! he got me some ice for my foot. nevermind it hurt to put it one there, but he was so sweet! 8^)
he had to help me get to my room last night before he left. i couldn't hobble up the stairs. i was basically hopping everywhere.

today, it's doing better.
still hurts some, but at least i can limp around.
everyone at work was concerned. i kept hearing, "you're making me hurt watching you limp around," and " you sure you're ok? the bones in feet are pretty fragile."
if it does get worse, i'll see a doc. but i hope it doens' t need that sort of attention. i don't have my insurance yet. it doesn't kick in until october i think. yuk.

i'm gonna go get some water. throat is very dry. *limps off to find a cup*

No comments: