5.21.2002

ug!
computer troubles abound.

last night my scanner died. i knew it was coming for awhile. the bulb had been glowing red instead of white. this altered my color scans but left the black & white ones alone. it served my purposes for my webcomic since it was black & white anyway.
the bulb must've have finally given up last night.

"no prob," i thought, "i'll just use the old one that ken gave me."
he got a new, slim one to go in his backpack when he carries his laptop around. since i would eventually need to scan in color i got hs old one. i wasn't planning on hooking it up to my computer til after the move, but, oh well. i start to hook things up.

unfortunately, he give me the wrong cable for it. i can't use it just now. and my scanner won't work. my comic is now really late.

ken left for a business trip early this morning. he won't be back until friday.
this mean two things:
1.) i'll miss him more because he's further away 8^( and
2.) i won't get the cable 'til friday.
unless i find some other way to scan, no comic until saturday. i'm still searching...
i hope he has a safe trip.

at work this morning, i get a call from jeremy, i.t. dude.
when working on my computer, he backed some of my files up on his laptop. just in case, say, he had to re-install windows.
well amoung those files he saved on his computer, he founds oodles of viruses. lovely.
these supposedly mimic mp3's and populate file-sharing software.
odd, but i don't have either mp3's or file-sharing software of any kind on my work computer.

we do a virus scan, and my computer is clean. it didn't find a one.
it's a bit of a relief, but i still worry.
my anit-virus at home is flaky. i've never once been able to access live-update. so when i get paid, off to buy anti-virus software i go!

and with this paycheck i have to pay my first months' rent and that speeding ticket i got on the 16th. (81 in a 65 mph zone.)
i think things are gonna be slim pickings this paycheck.

i spent last night at dad's. i may be back there again tonight if i can find a scanner...
jt may know of one.

No comments: